Welcome to TRIO!
TRIO Student Support Services is a project federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The program is responsible for increasing retention, graduation, and transfer rates of students that are first generation in college, low income, and/or students with disabilities. Funded to serve 165 Mission College students each academic year, it is our priority to offer quality support services in a personal and caring manner to promote academic success.
TRIO Vision: We are actively engaged in creating a positive caring community that promotes diversity, leadership and student success.
TRIO Students receive:
Student Learning Outcomes
By participating in the TRIO Program, students will achieve the following Student Learning Outcomes:
- Actively participate in understanding their student rights and responsibilities in the TRIO Program as demonstrated by:
- completing the Orientation requirements.
- Actively participate in the identification and completion of educational goals as demonstrated by:
- declaring certificate, graduation and/or transfer goals in Admissions and Records;
- completing and understanding the use of an educational plan; and
- completing graduation and/or transfer goals within four years.
- Actively participate in the identification and completion of financial goals as demonstrated by:
- completing financial aid forms;
- completing scholarship applications; and
- obtaining other financial literacy information via workshops.
Service Area Outcomes
SAO 1: 75% of all participants served by TRIO will persist from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year, or earn an associate degree or certificate at Mission College, and/or transfer to a 4-year institution be the fall of the next academic year.
SAO 2: 85% of all enrolled TRIO participants served will meet the performance level required to remain in good academic standing at Mission College.
SAO 3: 50% of new TRIO participants served each year will graduate from Mission College with
an associate degree or certificate within 4 years.
SAO 4: 25% of new TRIO participants served will receive an associate degree or certificate from Mission College and transfer to a 4-year institution within 4 years.
"I am extremely excited to graduate with my A.A. at Mission College!!! I could not have accomplished this journey without the help of the... TRIO program. With their guidance, they have truly helped me to transform and mature into the person I always longed to be. I cannot be more thankful enough to have met them. They have created such an impact on my experience here." Quote about the program
Thank you for visiting TRIO!