Summer Research Projects 2021
Paid Summer Research Opportunities
We are proud to announce the following summer research opportunities for current STEM students attending Mission College.
Biology Research with Dr. See Chan
Conduct a study of the mechanisms of action of less well-studied joint supplements benefitting osteoarthritis (OA) at Mission College.
Mission College Biology Research with Dr. Jean Replicon
Conduct research on temporal patterns among birds captured at Coyote Creek Field Station (CCFS) in Milpitas.
Engineering Research with Dr. Bob Schaffer at Mission College
Advancing the VR project from last summer's research team.
Math Research with Dr. Shirely Yap at CSUEB
Data processing and mathematical modeling.
Health Sciences Research Dr. Juleen Lam at CSUEB
Health Sciences research with Dr. Juleen Lam at CSUEB.
Opportunities From Other Organizations
- Summer Student Research Program at Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute. This research program is 3 months longs in which students are immersed in the world of basic and/or clinical research. Apply today.
- Stanford Summer Health Careers Opportunity Program.
- Study climate change in the Arctic with The Polaris Project. This research opportunity is fully funded and provides a $3000 stipend. Students from any U.S. college or university are eligible to apply.
USDA Summer Internships
UC Santa Cruz Opportunities
- UC Santa Cruz Undergraduate Research Opportunities: The site provides a wealth of information on how to get involved in research and offers a searchable database of research opportunities.
- STEM Diversity Programs: The Division of Physical & Biological Sciences is home to wide variety of programs aimed at promoting students success and diversity in the sciences. For more information on these programs visit the STEM Diversity Programs.
- California Alliance for Minority Participation (CAMP): The CAMP program seeks to place under-represented undergraduates majoring in the sciences in a research lab to not only learn valuable lab skills but also encourage and support students pursuing graduate-level education in the sciences.
- Scientific Diving Program: UCSC is one of only a few universities in the country that offer a scientific diving
program. The program trains certified scuba divers in conducting underwater research.
- Possessing a scientific diving certification allows you to participate in various research projects sponsored by the Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, and Ocean Sciences Departments and can possilbly lead to fieldwork jobs in the summer and after graduation.