Welcome to the STEM Center!
Due to the COVID-19 response, the physical STEM Learning Center is currently closed until further notice. However, staff are still working to provide you with services to reach your goals.
Please contact our staff directly if you are needing assistance in the following areas:
Raiida Thompson - Transfer Alliance Coordinator - email
- Connecting with STEM faculty at CSUEB or SJSU to discuss field of study
- Connecting with Mission alumni who attend SJSU, CSUEB or other universities to speak with them about their transfer experience
- Connecting with a mentor in your industry
- Participating in a summer research opportunity
Jorge Murillo - Workforce Readiness Coordinator - email
- Find you answers to your career-related questions
- Searching for and acquiring job or internship experience
- Creating or enhancing your resume and cover letter
- Preparing for interviews
- Connecting with professionals/mentors in the STEM industry
- Discover other career-related resources
Julia Dea-Wong - HSI STEM Counselor - email
- Developing Educational Plans
- Academic Counseling
- Transfer Counseling
How the STEM Center Can Help You:
- Subjects covered: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, C++, Logic, Circuit Analysis, Math
- Office hours for some adjunct faculty members
- Independent and group study spaces with whiteboards
- Use of STEM reference materials (textbooks, model kits, anatomical models, etc.)
- Computer use with science related programs (including Chem Draw and MATLAB)
The STEM Learning Center is also available to reserve.
Due to the campus closure, the STEM Learning Center is currently unavailable for reserving.
Usage of this room is limited to:
- STEM related student activities
- STEM workshops
- Small group study sessions
- Faculty/Staff meetings - for all other meeting types, please contact Brian Goo
If you would like to reserve the STEM Learning Center, please do the following:
- Contact Brian Goo Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408)855-5157
- Provide a date and time of the event.
- Name & purpose of the event.
- Number of attendees.
Please allow a 24-hour turnaround for a response on availability. Once your request has been approved, you will be sent a confirmation email and the calendar on the outside of the STEM Learning Center will be updated.