Mental Health Counseling
Free, confidential personal counseling is available for all currently enrolled students who pay the student health fee, regardless of their citizenship status. Students come with all types of concerns, big or small. You do not have need ot have a serious psychological issue to reach out.
Get started with Cranium Cafe using our help resources.
To schedule appointment with Melissa, please email her at email@example.com. Please include your name, phone number and ID.
Notice Content Get started with Cranium Cafe using our help resources. Video chat on Cranium Cafe with Melissa DaPonte To schedule appointment with Melissa, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number and ID.
Mental Health Counseling Includes
- Individual psychotherapy, up to reight sessions per semester.
- Referral to DSPS accommodations.
- Information and referral to campus and community resources.
What are Some Things I Can Talk About?
- Whatever is on your mind
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationships and communication
- Substance use and addiction
- Death or loss
- Suicidal thoughts
- Academic pressure
- Depression and loneliness
- Sexuality and gender
- Disordered eating
- Cultural adjustment
- Sexual assault
Who Are the Staff?
Licensed mental health professionals.
What About Privacy? Are Services Confidential?
Yes. Student Health Services maintains a strict policy of confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines.
For Crisis Help
- 24 Hour Suicide and Crisis Service, County of Santa Clara: (855)278-4204.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800)273-8255.
- 911 for Life Threatening Emergencies.
- Crisis Text Line: Text COURAGE to 741741.
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) is an interactive and easy-to-access online program designed to address issues related to anxiety, depression, and other concerns commonly faced by university students.
TAO is tailored to fit your schedule and your needs. The exercises can be completed through a smartphone, tablet, or computer and are accessible 24/7. TAO self-help is free, anonymous, and self-directed. It does not require counselor approval.
How to Register for TAO
- In your browser window, navigate to https://us.taoconnect.org/register.
- Enter First Name, Last Name, and your school email address.
- Create a password and confirm your password.
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank.
- Click sign me up.
- Check your email. You will be sent a Welcome to TAO email with a confirmation link which you must click on to sign in.