Financial Aid Office
Get Help Paying for College
Welcome to Financial Aid at Mission College. Get assistance with FAFSA, California Promise Grants, scholarships, and more. Chat with us using Cranium Cafe below, or visit us during office hours.
Our School code is 014458
Cranium Cafe Help
Live Chat via Cranium Cafe
- Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Join one of our weekly Financial Aid workshops offered throughout the semester.
- Tuesdays from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. via Zoom.
- Meeting ID: 734 916 0729
In-Person Counter Services
Standard Office Hours
- Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Fridays: Closed
Saturday Open Office Hours
- Saturday, June 4
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, August 13
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, August 20
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cranium Cafe Help Live Chat via Cranium Cafe Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Meet With Us Online Weekly Workshop Join one of our weekly Financial Aid workshops offered throughout the semester. Tuesdays from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. via Zoom. Meeting ID: 734 916 0729 In-Person Counter Services Standard Office Hours Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Fridays: Closed Saturday Open Office Hours Saturday, June 4 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday, August 13 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday, August 20 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, Emergency, Security Act (CARES Act) from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grant is intended as an emergency relief grant to assist student with expenses related to the distruption of the campus closure due to the coronavirus. Additional information and report details are listed below.
- 9.30.2020 CARES Act Report
- 8.7.2020 CARES Act Report
- 12.30.2020 CARES Act Report
- 03.31.2021 CARES Act Report
- 06.30.2021 CARES Act Report
- 09.30.2021 CARES Act Report
- 12.31.2021 CARES Act Report
- HEERF. Quarterly Report 10.30.2020
- HEERF.Quarterly Report 12.31.2020
- HEERF.Quarterly Report 03.31.2021
- HEERF.Quarterly Report 06.30.2021
- HEERF.Quarterly Report 09.30.2021
- HEERF.Quarterly Report 12.31.2021
- HEERF.Quarterly Report 03.31.2022
California College Promise Grant (waives fees)
See you you are eligible for the California College Promise Grant, which waives enrollment fees to Mission College.
Financial Aid Overview
You must apply for Financial Aid every year. The application become available October 1 for the next school year. For example, October 1, 2019 is for Fall 2020 to Summer 2021. We recommend applying from October 1 to March 2 each year.
Steps to Apply For Financial Aid
- Submit Your FAFSA/Dream Act application (it takes about 1-2 weeks for your application to be processed and sent to the college for review.)
- Check My Financial Aid status (under Financial Aid status and it will tell you what forms you will need to fill out.)
- Submit all documentation.
- Select Bankmobile Refund Preference.
Learn more about the financial literacy resources available on:
- On-campus events
- Jobs, Earnings and Paychecks
- Budgeting and Saving
- Understanding Taxes
- Banking and Credit Cards
- Identity Theft
Mission Cares Free Resources and Help
- Mission Cares has a variety of services available to students.
- Dreamers are supported at Mission.
- Zero Cost Textbooks are available for a number of classes.
- SemesterText a program offered by the library to provide textbooks and promote equity.
- Second Harvest Foodbank has a monthly food pantry in Lot B.
- Homeless students and foster youth and specific resources on campus.
- Veterans are supported through our VALOR Center in the Campus Center.
General Financial Aid Resources & Tips
Learn about financial aid resources as an undocumented/AB540 student, a current or former foster youth, housing insecure, or unable to provide parental information or looking to transfer general tips.
- UndocuStudent Hacks: The Undocumented Student Financial Aid Worksheet
- Tips for Receiving Financial Aid in CA for an Undocumented & AB540 Student.
- Current or former Foster Youth be sure to contact the Financial Aid Foster Youth Liaison
- Unable to provide parent information on your financial aid application (FAFSA or CADAA) you request a review of your Dependency status for Special Circumstances. Contact the Financial Aid Homeless Liaison, Katy Fitzgerald.