Food for Textbook Program
Bring 10 cans of food to the Library to check out one textbook or graphing calculator for the entire semester. Bring 10 cans of food for each item you want to check out. The food is donated to Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Textbook quantities are limited – first come, first served. Please check to see if your textbook is available before bringing in your cans.
NEW procedures for Summer 2020! You must reserve your Food for Textbook items for pick up at the Library:
- The Library will still be closed due to Covid-19 during summer. Through June 11 at noon, students can place a request/hold in advance on Food for Textbook items for in person pick up at the Library. Requested Items will
be available for pick up at the Library on June 10 & 11 from 9am-5pm.
- Bring your Mission College ID card or photo ID. The student checking out the item must be present.
- Canned food donations are not required, but are appreciated, for summer 2020. All items will be due on July 31, 2020.
- Check with the bookstore or your instructor to verify the title and edition of the book required for your
specific course before requesting it. Note that not all instructors use the same textbook for their classes
and some allow students to use older editions.
- To request/hold a Food for Textbook item:
- Click on the title below
- Click on Sign In on the yellow bar and enter your college email and password.
- Click the Request link, then Submit your request. You will receive an email when your item is ready for pick up.
Important information about the Program (Please read if you are new to this Program)
Until supplies run out, bring your canned food to the Library Information Desk anytime during open hours. You will need to know your book title and course number. Note that books cannot be checked out until the first day of the term. For example, books for spring cannot be checked out until the first day of the spring semester.
Important: Only Mission College students are eligible to check out material from this Program. A current Mission College Student I.D. Card is required to check out material from the Library. As with all Library material, the person to whom the item is being checked out must be present.
The Food for Textbook Program is made up of donated textbooks. Please consider donating your used textbooks to the Library. Textbook donations are accepted at the Library Check Out Desk. You do not have to donate a textbook to participate in the Food for Textbook Program.
How to determine which textbooks are availableBelow is the list of the current textbooks available for this program. Click on the textbook title to see how many copies are available for checkout. Textbooks that are part of the Food for Textbook Program will list the location as Food for Textbook Collection in the catalog record. Refer to the Location List for a description of the different locations used in the Library's Online Catalog.
Please verify the title and edition of the textbook in use for your specific course by either contacting your instructor or checking the Mission College Bookstore list. Note that not all instructors use the same textbook.
The list will be updated throughout the semester. If your title is not listed or is listed as out of stock, please check back as additional copies may be added later.
Note: Graphing calculators are also available to checkout through this program. Refer to MAT on the list below for details.