Resources for Faculty and Staff
- For urgent, non-emergency issues: College-police services are accessible by calling the Santa Clara County Communications 408-299-2311 and ask for WEST VALLEY/MISSION COLLEGE DISTRICT POLICE
- If you need assistance, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., please contact your respective division Dean and/or Administrative Specialist.
- If you need assistance after 5:00 p.m. during:
Fall or Spring Semesters - Monday through Friday, please call the Evening/Weekend Supervisor at (408)590-2657.
Winter or Summer Sessions - Monday through Thursday, please call the Evening/Weekend Supervisor at (408)590-2657.
- Night Administator / Vice President of Administrative Services (for classes after 5 p.m.)
- Technology Requests for Employees and in the Classroom through ETS
- Welcome Center Ambassadors for all help for students (helpful videos also included)
- Facilities Work Order (click the employee tab, other links and facilities work order)
Contact Mission College if you have been exposed to, or have tested positive for, the COVID 19 virus.
Staff/Students Coming to Campus
All employees much complete the Campus access form each time they come to campus.
Students and employees who comes to campus are required to take the self screening form for COVID-19.
Messages to Faculty
In Case of Emergency/Crisis
- District Police.
- Anonymous Tip Line.
- Report an Incident (non emergency.)
- WVM Alert – sign up to get alerts from the district.
- WVMCCD Preparedness Page.
- Safety Information & Disclosures.
- AED Map.
- Counseling Referral Form - Submit directly to the Counseling Office in a sealed envelope marked Confidential.
- Assisting the Emotionally Distressed Student.
- Red Folder for Mental Health Awareness.
The Faculty Handbook provides information to the Mission College faculty regarding District and College organization, relevant academic and procedural information, instructional services available to faculty, student services available at the College, and faculty and student rights and responsibilities.
The MC Distance Handbook is a supplemental guide to the Mission College Faculty Handbook. The goals of the handbook include to define distance education, and provide technical and pedagogical support for distance education courses and online course materials.
- Ad Astra.
- Docusign - How to Use.
- eLumen – for Curriculum, Program Review and Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- ETS Work Order – for classroom technology.
- Event Calendar Submissions – to add your event to the college calendar.
- Facilities Work Order (click the employee tab, other links and facilities work order.)
- Faculty Absence Reporting.
- Getting to and Using DocuSign.
- Grade Change Form.
- Incomplete Form.
- IS Work Order – for office computers.
- Portal – links to tools such as MyWebServices, Canvas, Argos, and more.
- PrintSnap – for duplication services – for office computers.
- Accounts Payable Forms – check request, conference reimbursement, occupancy tax waiver form, mileage reimbursement, petty cash reimbursement.
- Counseling Department Student Support Form.
- Admissions and Records Forms – audit, late add, P/NP, registration.
- College Letterhead.
- Door Sign Template.
- Human Resources Forms – address/name change, absence forms, timesheets, appraisal documents, notice of employment, volunteer service forms.
- Injury-Accident Report Form.
- Meeting Note Taking Template.
- Payroll Forms – timesheets.
- Room Change Request Form.
- Special Event Parking Form.
- Student Incident Report Form.
Faculty and Staff Resources
- ADA Requirements in Classrooms.
- A/V Guides.
- Banner Guides.
- Banner Links.
- CollegeBuys – offers discounts on a wide range of educational products
- Cranium Cafe - How to set up online appointments.
- District Credit Card Information.
- District Policies.
- Faculty Absences and Class Changes List.
- Guided Pathways.
- Health Resources.
- Key Policy and Procedures.
- Lynda.com – instructional videos on the latest software tools.
- Professional Development.
- Service Hours – bookstore, cafeteria, KJ’s Café, duplicating center.
- Union Contracts and Employee Handbooks.
- WVMCEA – classified union.
- WVMFT, AFT 6554 – faculty union.