Study Nutritional Science
Nutritional Science is a dynamic field of study with connections to food science, chemistry and biology. It is a discipline that investigates how nutrients are taken in by the body, broken down and utilized.
Through the study of nutrition, chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer
can be better understood and perhaps even prevented.
In a larger context, nutritional science examines how the environment is connected with the nutritional status of populations. This is a discipline that crosses cultures and looks at the health implications of a variety of foods.
Take courses that satisfy UC and Cal State transfer requirements.
Use these courses in other fields such as Hospitality Management, Nursing, Child Development, or Kinesiology.
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.)
- Dietetic Technician (Registered)
- Dietetic Service Supervisor
- Food Service Manager
- Nutrition Researcher
- Nutrition Counselor (R.D. advised)
- Hospital Dietetics (R.D. required)
- Sports Nutrition (R.D. advised)
- Nursing Homes
- Private Practice Consultant (R.D. advised)
- Food Service Inspector (R.D. advised)
- Nutrition Educator (R.D. advised)
- WIC Counselor
- Food Manufacturing (test kitchens)
* Most of these careers require education beyond the Associate Degree level. Let the Transfer Center help you with your educational and career goals.
Nutritional Science Courses
Nutrition & Disease
Interested in a Career in STEM
Find out about all the interesting careers associated with the STEM field.