Mission College Music
Study and Perform Music
Beginners and experts alike enroll in our wide variety of music classes. We have something
for everyone - piano, guitar, vocal lessons, chorus, orchestra, and GE transferrable
courses in music theory. View all Music courses or download a PDF of courses.
Digital Music Certificate
The Digital Music Certificate is designed to provide a foundation in production for students with backgrounds in music, music technology, and/or multimedia design. Music Certificate
MIDI and Music Production (MUS 080)
A practical introduction to the Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) music system and the skills necessary to create your own music using a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
Commercial Music Theory I (MUS 016)
Music theory, commercial music composition, arranging, and songwriting.
Survey of Rock and Popular Music (MUS 016)
Examine the history of Rock and Roll music, from its roots in Africa and 1950's America through the current music scene.
Audio Production I and II (MUS 081 and 083)
Hands-on audio recording techniques using digital music software and hardware. Specific subject areas include microphones, mic pre-amps, multi-track recording, vocal overdubs, and basic mixing.
- Creativity and flair for entertainment.
- Hand/eye Coordination.
- Ability to read and compose music.
- Ability to sing or play at least one instrument.
- Self-confidence and motivation.
- Stamina to perform for long periods.
- Understanding of different musical styles.
- Business sense.
- Strong networking skills.
Careers in the Field
- Musician, Composer, or Arranger.
- Television/Broadway productions.
- Artist or Tour Manager.
- Booking Agent.
- Recording Engineer.
- Member of a Symphony, Orchestra, or Band.
- Music Producer.
- Music Publicist.
- Teacher or Professor.
- Session Musician.