Options for Online Academic Support
The Academic Support Center (ASC) cares for well being of all students. Part of student well being is the knowledge that you have the resources and services to support your learning journey.
To ensure that you do not lose this support during this time of “sheltering in place” due to COVID-19, ASC has moved all of its existing tutoring services online, as well as added additional support related to online learning. All of ASC’s tutoring services are described in detail below.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate Covid-19. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions and stay safe.
- Business/Technology/CTE Tutoring
- Humanities and Social Sciences Tutoring
- Language Arts Tutoring
- Math/Science Tutoring
Ways to Get Help
Online Peer Tutoring
ASC peer tutors provide online academic support via Canvas for a wide range of courses in basic skills, transfer, STEM, and courses that lead to degrees or certificates. In order to provide more flexibility for students, the ASC also extended online tutoring hours to weekend.
Find Spring 2021 online tutoring hours below:
- Business/Technology/CTE Tutoring: ACC/CAP/CIS/FPR/HM/FDR/GDS courses
- Humanities and Social Sciences Tutoring: ECN/FOL/HIS/POL courses
- Language Arts Tutoring: COM/ENG/REA/ESL courses
- Math/Science Tutoring: BIO/CHM/EGR/MAST/NTR/PHY courses
Meet ASC Tutors on Canvas
Once you log in to your Canvas account, you have two ways to meet your tutors:
1. via the MC Tutoring course card on the Canvas Dashboard.
2. from the left-side Navigation bar, ASC/Tutoring, from any Mission College Canvas course site.
We use Cranium Cafe for online tutoring meetings including drop-in sessions and appointments. Instructions and tutorial videos are available on Canvas for you to learn how to meet your tutor and utilize online academic support services.
NetTutor 24/7 Online Tutoring
NetTutor offers live tutoring on-demand, question drop-off, and writing feedback. It is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Mission College students can access NetTutor help via Canvas. For more information about NetTutor, go to the NetTutor webpage.
- How to Download Canvas Student app on iPhone
- How to submit handwritten work to Canvas using Camscanner on iPhone
- How to join ConferZoom using iPhone
CRLA Certified Tutoring Program
The Academic Support Center's (ASC) Tutoring Program is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association's (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC).
The CRLA is a professional organization that conducts and supports research on the effective practices of college and university learning assistance programs.
Service Area Outcome (SAO)
Students who have visited the Academic Support Center regularly will report that they have gained skills to help them become more successful in their college courses.