Welcome to EOPS!
EOPS has opened applications for Fall 2020 early this year! APPLY HERE!
"Mission College EOPS is a garden of success. We give you the resources. You choose how much to grow.”
Extended Opportunity Programs & Services is:
- A program that empowers students to overcome, persevere, and succeed with the support of staff and assigned counselors to guide you toward your academic and career goals.
- A place to build a diverse community with like-minded students while enjoying services such as FREE printing, school supplies, laptop/calculator loan programs, and a positive, stress-free study area.
- A helping hand that eases a student's financial burden by providing book vouchers, grants, transportation assistance, and much more!
About the Program
How Do I Qualify?
To Be an EOPS Student You Must:
- Be a California Resident or CA DREAMER/DACA/AB540 student
- Be enrolled full-time (12+ units) during your first semester in EOPS (DSPS/Foster Youth reduced unit accommodation: 9 units)
- Qualify for a California College Promise Grant
- Method A, B or C with a Zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
- Be educationally disadvantaged. One of the following must apply:
- You did not graduate from high school or did not obtain an equivalent (must verify).
- You graduated from high school with a grade average less than 2.50 on a 4.0 scale (must verify).
- You do not qualify for college level math or English as required for an Associate Degree at Mission.
- You are a first generation college student. Your parent(s) did not receive a bachelor's degree in or out of this country.
- You are an emancipated foster youth and/or you were in foster care, kinship care guardianship and/or ward of the court upon your 18th birthday (you must be between the ages of 18-22).
EOPS provides the following benefits and services:
- Enrollment assistance
- Priority registration to ensure enrollment in needed courses
- Assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- Orientation and Workshops to help ensure student success
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- EOPS Grants for qualifying students whose financial needs exceed the amount awarded through other types of financial aid
- Book Vouchers to assist with the purchase of required textbooks
- School Survival Kit to equip students with basic school supplies
- Transfer Assisance and sponsorship of transfer and scholarship opportunities
EOPS Student Club
The EOPS Student Club is open to all students on campus! The goal of the club is to build community on campus through hosting and collaborating on events. Our last EOPS Game Night was attended by over 100 students!
If you are interested in joining, please contact one of the club advisors, Amanda Marshall (email@example.com) or Alejandro Zavala (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your Voice. Your Vision. Your Club.
Photo Galleries from Recent Events
Thank you for your interest in the EOPS and CARE program!