New Student Enrolling in 6 Units or Less
(Courses other than English-as-a-Second Language, English, Reading or Math.)
Steps to Enrollment
- Application: Apply Online: When your completed application is submitted, you will be sent an email within 48 hours informing you of your student ID number, PIN number and registration date.
- In Person Exceptions: High School Students or students on a temporary resident visa must apply in person to the Admissions & Records Office located in E1-501 of the Main Building.
- Registration: Students may register and pay for classes online thru My Mission Portal (have your college id# and password ready to log in.)
- Prerequisites: To challenge prerequisite requirements, submit transcripts or assessment results from other colleges or universities to the Counseling office.
- Adding Classes After Start date: If classes have started already, please contact the Instructor and request an "Add Code" and add the class online thru My Mission Portal.
- Attend Class: You must attend classes (or contact your instructor to make alternative arrangements) during the first two weeks of the semester or you may be dropped from your classes. It is your responsibility to drop classes, if you are not going to attend.
Optional, but recommended Steps
Still need help? Visit the Welcome Center for assistance.
- Counseling Appointment (during your first semester): Make an appointment with a counselor to create an Education Plan that outlines the courses needed to reach your educational goals for graduation (certificate or associate degree programs) or transfer.
- Financial Aid: Get help paying for school by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver.
- Bookstore: Purchase your books online or in person at the Bookstore located in the Campus Center
- Parking Permit: Obtain your parking permit at the Admissions & Records office or online here.
- Student Support (ACCESS, DSPS, EOPS, ASC, MESA): Take advantage of the great support services available to you at Mission College.
- Mission College ASG card: Go to the Campus Center Information Desk and show the receipt for your class fees to get your ASG (Associated Student Government) card.