High School Student:
Concurrent Enrollment for Grades 11 & 12
High school juniors and seniors are eligible to enroll in college level courses at Mission College. Before registering, you will need to visit the Associate Director of Admissions and Records for registration approval; contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 408-855-5000, Main Building E1-501. The academic credits earned at Mission College may be applied towards a high school diploma or a college degree. High school students enrolled in college units (considered "concurrently enrolled") are not required to pay the $46.00 per unit fees.
If you are not going to be in the 11th or 12th grade, or are under 16 years old, you can apply for admission and take the assessment test.
High School students may bring their completed Concurrent Forms to the Admissions Office after they apply on line beginning two weeks before the semester or term begins.
Steps to Enrollment
- Apply Online
- Download the forms. You must complete the following forms and obtain all of the required signatures before you are able to enroll:
The forms must be resubmitted for each semester of Concurrent Enrollment.
- Concurrent Enrollment Form: Requires signature approval from a parent/guardian and the high school principal or counselor.
- Parental/Guardian Consent form for Medical Treatment
- Counseling: Students should first meet with their high school counselor to choose appropriate classes for high school credit. The Mission College Counseling office has drop-in counseling services to provide more information about Mission College classes, majors, and academic requirements.
- Assessment: Students interested in taking an English, Math or Reading course must first take an assessment test. The Assessment Center located in the Main Building room E1-101 offers computerized placement tests on a "first come - first served basis".
- Apply for Admission and Enroll in Classes: High School Students interested in taking college classes while attending high school (concurrent enrollment) must apply online. Students must bring their Concurrent Enrollment forms in person to Admissions and Records (Main Building E1-501/502) no sooner than two weeks prior to the start of the next term. Parents wanting to register on behalf of their child will need to bring a note from their child as well as the child's photo ID.
- Attend Class: You must attend classes (or contact your instructor to make alternative arrangements) during the first two weeks of the semester or you may be dropped from your classes. It is your responsibility to drop classes, if you are not going to attend.
- Grades and Transcripts : Grades and unofficial transcripts are available online via My Mission Portal. Official transcripts may be requested at the Admissions & Records office.