IMPORTANT: You will need a to register for a "missioncollege.edu" email address to access Canvas. Register here for a missioncollege.edu email address to access Canvas
Help with Canvas
Chrome, Firefox, or Edge are the preferred browsers. Internet Explorer will not work.
Here are some helpful videos to help you use Canvas:
Download the Canvas App to Your Phone
For additional help with Canvas please go to this page.
- Canvas Overview
- Update your profile
- Update your notification preferences
- Communicate with your instructor and peers
- Manage your personal files
- Keep track of assignment dates
- Submit your assignments
- Participate in discussions
- Take a Quiz
- Participate in a group
- Check your grades
For additional Learning Resources
Technical Difficulties and Requirements
YouTube Canvas Videos for Students
- Featured Student Tutorials on YouTube
- Canvas Orientation Tour on YouTube
- Canvas Dashboard on YouTube
- Using Canvas On Your Phone
Adding a Zoom Virtual Background
Peer tutors at the Tutoring Center and those the Welcome Center can help you as well in navigating Canvas.
Canvas allows faculty to develop and manage online and face-to-face courses, and provides students with secure access to course content anywhere, and anytime, they have access to the Internet.
Canvas allows students:
- to work and collaborate
- view lessons
- submit assignments
- take exams
- communicate with instructors and other students
- track their grades and course activity
- configure, customize and display course reports in a safe password-protected virtual environment.
How to Use Canvas
It's easy to use Canvas, but if you are a new user, or if you need support, please review the Canvas guides on this website and spend time familiarizing yourself with all the tools.
When you are logged into Canvas, you will be able to use the ? To find the canvas student guide and access help. If you are having difficulty navigating or accessing course content and/or uploading your assignment to Canvas, contact your instructor.
Help with Canvas
- How to log in to Canvas (PDF)
- Canvas student "getting started" guide (PDF)
- Canvas Overview (Students) video guides
Working with technology can be tricky! Canvas does not always behave the way we expect, and technology can play tricks on us! If you need help, remember that Canvas is literally a phone call away. Here is their 24/7 hotline: (833) 816-6629
Once you add a course, it may take as long as 24 hours for you to gain access to Canvas. If you need help accessing your course after that time frame, please use the Canvas Tech Support form. John Spencer (Canvas Tech Support) monitors the form and will get back to you within 24 hours:
When contacting John, make sure that you include:
- Your full name
- Your seven-digit college ID number (and eight-digit date of birth - if you are having an issue logging in)
- The course department, number, and section (e.g., ENG001A)
- Note: The five-digit section number of the course as listed in the schedule of classes.