Please note: The Northern Regional Testing Center and the Southern Regional Testing will be temporarily closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 situation.
If you need to test immediately please contact the American Red Cross at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHCQ/LCP/Pages/CNA-Testing-Vendors.aspx
Message from the California Department of Public Health: The California Department of Public Health is aware of the concerns of the State's Certified Nurse Assistants due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are working diligently to address these concerns. We thank you for your patience during this time. Please continue to check the All facilities letters for updates. Suspension of Specified Regulatory Requirements for Nurse Assistant Training Programs (NATPs): Please read AFL-20-40. Suspension of Professional Certification Requirements for Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs): Please read AFL-20-35
Candidates may continue to send in their registration applications through U.S. Mail and we will add all candidates to our wait list. All scheduled candidates will be contacted once testing has resumed.
For other information regarding the COVID-19, please visit the main Mission College website.
Northern Regional Testing Center
The Northern Regional Testing Center was established for the purpose of assisting students with completing their educational goals of becoming certified as a nursing assistant. The testing center collaborates with your educational facility, professional testing companies and certifying boards to provide access to required certifying exams.
The Northern Regional Testing Center is hosted at Mission College through the Health Workforce Regional Center.The mailing address is:
3000 Mission College Blvd., MS 19
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408 855-5203
Fax: 408 855-5213
- Please note the Northern Regional Testing Center and Mission College is closed. No visitors are allowed on campus.
If you have questions outside of these hours or want to make an appointment, please email the regional testing center office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 408-855-5203. Please note it may take up to one week to receive a return phone call if a message is left.
Nurse Assistant Certification Examination Northern California
If you are enrolled in a CNA training program or equivalency program and wish to take the NATAP test upon completing the required hours, please follow the steps provided in the following information (click on teal colored links for more detailed information).
How to register for the Nurse Assistant Certification exam:
1. Complete Nurse Assistant Certification Exam Registration Application
- Registration Application (fillable and printable pdf version if using internet explorer or safari)
- Please remember to sign the registration application
- Please send a copy of your 283B form or your 932 form along with your registration application
- Please do NOT send your application and fees via UPS or FedEx or with a signed receipt request as this will result in a delay of processing your application. The college does not directly accept mail via these methods and forwards the mail to the district warehouse for processing which may cause delays up to 10-14 days.
- If you come to the office to schedule your appointment and do not have the required documents we will charge .25 cents for any copies made by our office.
2. Testing Fees (NO credit card, cash, or personal check)
- Both Manual and Written Test ------------------ $100
- Manual Skills Only --------------------------------- $65
- Written Test Only ----------------------------------- $35
- Oral Written Test (additional fee) -------------- $15
- A money order or cashier’s check is accepted for fee payment. Please make the money order or cashier’s check payable to Regional Testing Center. No personal checks or cash will be accepted
- The first time you test, you must schedule both the written and skills examinations.
3. List your requested examination date and test site on application. (Please note: dates and locations are found by clicking the following links to the calendars)
- Examination Locations (revised 10/08/2020)
- Examination Dates
- Registration is based upon “first come, first served” availability and the calendar does reflect when the testing sites are full
- Nursing Assistant Training Program/School Scheduling Policy
- Please note: Examination Calendar will be revised once NRTC reopens.
4. Mail completed Registration Application and testing fee to:
Northern Regional Testing Center
Mission College HWI
3000 Mission College Blvd., MS 19
Santa Clara, CA 95054
*Please review your application before mailing. Incomplete applications will not be
processed and returned.
All applications must be received 2 weeks or 10 working business days prior to the requested testing date.
Please DO NOT send your application and fees via overnight mail or UPS or FedEx or with a signed receipt request as this will result in a delay of processing your application. The college does not directly accept mail via these methods and forwards the mail to the district warehouse for processing which may cause delays up to 10-14 days.
Confirmation emails are not required for admission to testing. As a courtesy, confirmation of your testing date will be emailed to the email address that you provided once your application has been processed. If you did not provide an email, confirmation will be confirmed by phone or a phone message will be left on the phone number you provided. If we have any questions about your application, the RTC staff will call you and/or email you. If we are not able to reach you by phone or email, your application packet will be returned to you by mail.
Testing Day Instruction: you must bring the listed items below
- Non-laminated social security card (Note: copies of your social security card are not accepted)
- Current government-approved photo identification (driver's license, CA ID, or passport)
- Original CDPH 283B form or your CDPH 932 form with you on the day of the examination.
- Water and a lunch as there are no facilities nearby to purchase
If you fail to bring or present any of the above-listed documents on the day of testing, you may not take the examination. You will be required to reschedule your examination.
The name on your photo identification must be the same name that is on your social security card. If the names do not match, you will not be able to take the examination.
Rescheduling Policy (Effective June 3, 2015)
You will need to “reschedule” your exam if you fail to bring the required documents and/or identification for testing or you are unable to attend your scheduled examination. Refunds are not issued once your registration application is processed.
If you applied to take the test and paid the required fees, but did not bring the required documents for testing or you missed the exam, your testing fees will NOT be refunded.
Missed exams will need to be rescheduled and will be required to pay a $25 rescheduling fee. A new registration application must be submitted along with the $25 rescheduling fee and other support documents. Rescheduling an examination is allowed once. If an examination is missed a second time, the fee required is the same as the initial application for testing.
Registration materials are processed upon receipt,
therefore there are no refunds.
Regional Testing Center Complaint Form
Testing Site Coordinators Information
- For information on becoming a testing facility, please email the regional testing site coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse Assistant Program Directors and Instructors
- If you would like to order California Nurse Assistant Handbooks please go to the following link: http://pearsonvue.createorders.com/
Information for the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Verify CNA/HHA License
- CDPH Equivalency Process
- Request Name/Address Change and/or Duplicate for CNA/HHA/CHT Certificate (0929)
- Verification of Current Nurse Assistant Certification (931 form)
- Complete for reciprocity
- Certification Application (283-B form)
- Recertification Application (283-C form)
Please note that the CDPH Interactive Voice Response Unit (IVRU) is an automated phone number (916) 327-2445, which accommodates a heavy volume of calls. You may leave a voicemail with the message center at (916) 552-8811. Questions or comments may be emailed to email@example.com , please include your CNA/HHA/CHT number (if applicable). You may FAX information to the CNA/HHA Certification Unit, FAX (916) 552-8785.
Questions: Please contact the Regional Testing Center at (408) 855-5203 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you.