EOPS now accepting applications for the Fall. Submit your application electronically. If you feel more comfortable, here is an application in Vietnamese.
“Mission College EOPS is a garden of success. We give you the resources. You choose how much to grow.”
Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS) offers educational support services and grants to students who:
- Have experienced economic, educational, and/or language challenges
- Who are often within the first generation in their families to attend college.
The intent, purpose, and resources of EOPS are directed toward assisting students achieve their educational goals.
- What is EOPS
- Eligibility and Applying to EOPS
- Current EOPS Students
- Important Dates/Timeline
Information About the Program
Services for Qualifying Students
- Enrollment assistance.
- Priority registration to ensure enrollment in needed classes
- Assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- Orientation and Workshops to help ensure student success
- Counseling and Advising
- EOPS Grants for qualifying students whose financial needs exceed the amount awarded through other types of financial aid
- Book Service to assist with the purchase of required textbooks
- School Supply Service to equip students with basic school supplies
- Tutorial Assistance
- Transfer Assistance and sponsorship of transfer and scholarship opportunities
How Do I Qualify?
To be an EOPS student you must:
- Be a California Resident or CA DREAMER/DACA/AB540 student
- Be enrolled full-time (12+ units) during your first semester in EOPS or DSPS reduce unit accommodation for under 12 units
- Qualify for a California College Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governors or BOG Fee Waiver) Method A, B or C with a Zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
- Be educationally disadvantaged. One of the following must apply:
- a. You did not graduate from high school or did not obtain an equivalent (must verify).
- b. You graduated from high school with a grade average less than 2.50 on a 4.0 scale (must verify).
- c. You do not qualify for college level math or English as required for an Associate Degree at Mission
- d. You are first generation college student. Your parent(s) did not receive a bachelor's degree in or out of this country.
- e. You are an emancipated foster youth and/or you were in foster care, kinship care guardianship and/or ward of the court upon your 18th birthday (you must be between the ages of 18-22)
Photo Galleries from Recent EOPS Events
Thank you for your interest in the EOPS and CARE program!